Who Are The Ikhwanul Muslimin
They are the followers of Hasan Al-Banna. There are several points to be noted about their methodology, the most important of which are the following:
- They show a lack of importance to Tawhid Al-‘Ibadah , which is the most important matter in Islam, since the Islaam of an individual is not valid without it.
- They remain silent and concede to the people in their performance of major Shirk, supplication to other than Allaah, performance of tawaaf around graves, making oaths to the dead in the graves, sacrificing in their names and so on.
- The founder of this methodology was a Sufi. He had a connection with Sufism to the point that he gave bay’ah (oath of allegiance) to ‘Abdul-Wahhab Al-Khusafi upon (following) his Khusafi Shadhili order.
- The presence of innovations amongst them and their worshipping Allah through them – even to the point that the founder of this methodology acknowledged that the Prophet ﷺ would attend their gatherings of dhikr and that he ﷺ would forgive what past sins they had committed, as is found in his saying: “May Allah bless the one who upon light in which he appeared. To the worlds, and so he surpassed the sun and the moon
This habib (i.e. Muhammad) along with his beloved has gathered
And pardoned everyone in what sins they did in the past.”
- They call to establishing the Khilafah and this is an innovation because the Messengers and their followers were not entrusted with anything except to call to Tawhid. Allah says: “And We have indeed sent to every nation a messenger, (saying to his people): ‘Worship Allah and avoid the taghut (false deities).’” [Al-Nahl: 36]
- They have a lack of Wala and Bara (loyalty and disavowment) or a weak form of it. This is made clear in their call to bring closeness between the Sunnis and the Shi’ah. And their founder was quoted as saying: “We will cooperate with one another in what we agree on and pardon one another in what we disagree on.”
- They hate and despise the people of Tawhid and those who adhere to the Salafi Way. This is made clear in their talk concerning the Saudi state, which is founded upon Tawhid and which teaches Tawhid in its schools, institutes and universities. And it was made clear in their killing of Jamil Ar-Rahman Al-Afghanee just because he called to Tawhid and because he had schools in which he would teach Tawhid.
- They pursue the mistakes of the leaders and expose their faults – whether true or false – spreading them amongst the youth in order to make the leaders appear hateful to them and so that they can fill their hearts with contempt against them.
- They hold detestable partisanship to the party they ascribe themselves to. So they show friendship based on this party and they show enmity based on this party.
- They give their oath of allegiance to work for the Ikhwani Manhaj according to the ten conditions that the founder has set forth. And there are other issues of concern, which perhaps can be dealt with at a later time.