Suing the one who does Qadhf


If a Muslim does Qadhf (falsely accusing a chaste person of involvement in prohibited sexual relations) against his Muslim brother saying: “You are an adulterer” without any shyness, is there a right for the insulted person to sue him? I hope Your Eminence could answer me quickly. May Allah reward you.


Accusing a Muslim by another Muslim brother is not permissible and it is one of the major sins which necessitate repentance and forgiveness from the insulted person. It is his right, if he does not forgive him, to demand his right by legal means.

May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet, his family and Companions